REPRESENTATIVE/EXPEDITER IN WASHINGTON, D.C. – WITH OWNED WAREHOUSE – ONE BLOCK from Washington, D.C. Convention Center – for agent/advocacy/logistics support and more – for YOUR firm, business, association, company, or organization –
- Long-term self-employed businessman – with owned small warehouse one block from Wash., D.C. Convention Center
- For you to establish a presence or “central headquarters” in Washington.
- In the heart of Washington, D.C., four blocks from the K Street business corridor.
- STRONG PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE for your out-of-town or other interest (business, association): can furnish mailing address, establish light warehousing, visit offices in person, stock materials and literature, do advocacy, and much more!
STOCK AND DELIVER SMALL OR MEDIUM SIZED CRITICAL PARTS:
- Can stock computer or machine parts and deliver them on short notice to offices in downtown Washington.
- Can stock and deliver electric or other small components for major industries such as construction, building maintenance, security, etc.
- Can stock and deliver key electronic components for: restaurant, catering, event rental, etc.
- Other technical support: can store salesman’s or technician’s literature and supplies, etc.
- At customers’ offices, can do some on-site assembly, such as replace machine cartridges, CD discs, etc.
- At warehouse, can do physical assembly of items and other preparations before delivery to customer.
- Have workbench with vise, drill press, etc. and full set of handyman tools.
FOR A LIMOUSINE, SEDAN, OR SIMILAR TRANSPORTATION COMPANY:
- Warehouse could be downtown support facility for limo. or sedan company – capable of light storage of items – some vehicle parts, wheelchairs for customers, etc.
- Adjacent alley is 15 feet wide; building not suitable for vehicle bay.
- Principal can function as tour guide (see pers. Information below)
- Can dispatch and track a vehicle fleet.
FOR A MEDICAL SUPPORT COMPANY (OR SIMILAR BUSINESS):
can store wheelchairs, walkers, etc., and transport them, on demand, to locations in downtown.
FOR A DELIVERY OR COURIER COMPANY:
- Practical pick up and drop off location.
- DOWNTOWN terminal or “staging area” for a delivery, courier or messenger service – can drive up directly alongside front rolling gate.
- Some freight handling possible.
- Can supervise small or medium construction projects; have construction experience and industry contacts in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Have people skills and have done sales.
- Can save an out-of-town entity money by knowing best source for goods and services.
- Some evening and weekend hours available depending on situation.
- Can supervise groups.
- Can function as caretaker/light maintenance of area properties, including for an out-of-town entity, and do construction inspection.
- Can save an out-of-town company or association money by ensuring fair treatment and good value from construction contractors, crews, etc.
- Capable of advocacy work for associations, etc.
- Principal lives in city and can easily travel to warehouse.
- Open, “loft” type carriage house/light warehouse space on two floors, built approx. 1929.
- Warehouse is 1500 sq. ft., on two floors, up to 750 sq. feet available.
- Owned since 1988.
- Zoned residential – limited commercial presence possible.
- Not currently suitable as office space or to formally meet the public
- Can provide an address for your business and receive mail depending on situation.
- Warehouse has rolling gate directly on 15-foot alley for easy loading of items.
- Warehouse has basic utilities, electronic security and smoke detector systems.
INFORMATION ON PRINCIPAL:
- Self-starter — well-spoken and cordial — been self-employed for 30+ years — have done sales — good health
- Have operated a high-service specialty printing shop with mandatory deadlines (always met) and decades of presence in Washington. (see www.thielpress.com).
- Native born Washingtonian capable of being a tour guide (very knowledgeable).
- Can function in academic, social club, embassy, etc., situations.
- Experienced writer with decades of periodical editing, magazine articles, and have led writing seminars.
- Born in 1950s, have been featured on The History Channel for World War Two studies.
- Announcer/emcee experience, including on the National Mall and at DAR Constitution Hall. Currently doing some summer airshow announcing.
EXTREME “LOGISTICIAN” WITH KNOWLEDGE OF “WHERE TO GET THINGS DONE”:
- Advanced logistics and problem solving.
- Familiar with area shipping and receiving services: suburban UPS facilities, Federal Express, and much more.
- Knowledge of city and suburb traffic flow, critical city parking hour regulations, etc.
- Know best and fastest way to area airports: Reagan National, BWI, and Dulles (and freight terminals at all three).
- Know best routes to outlying cities, including: Baltimore, Annapolis, Frederick, etc.
- Have a personally owned utility vehicle with D.C. tags for live delivery.
- Extremely focused aviation-quality logistics.
- Have flown primitive antique lightplanes cross-country, long-distance, no radio, etc.
- Years of aviation logistics skills such as manage aircraft flight line operations, some dispatch, etc.
- Years of membership in a volunteer military aviation organization.
PREFER A RELATIONSHIP WITH ONE COMPANY, ASSOCIATION, ETC.
BUT WILL CONSIDER OTHER ARRANGEMENTS.
SEPARATE, ENTREPRENEURIAL RELATIONSHIP POSSIBLE –
Depending on situation, long-term self-employed entrepreneur could
Become independent dealer for right product or service
needing downtown Washington focus.
Hours by appointment only.
Roger N. Thiel
924 O Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001